This makes the most gorgeeeemous drink. I love the color. Dina Falconi is to thank here – adapted slightly from her beautiful book Foraging and Feasting.
Small batch (2-3 drinks depending on your low-ball capacity):
- 6 ounces rum
- 6 ounces hibiscus infusion (mason jar with handful of hibiscus)
- 3 ounces maple syrup (or if you like them less sweet, as I do, use two 1 ounce shot glasses full to the brim as your measure. Every shot glass is different so have fun.)
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (about one large)
Stir together and pour over king-sized ice. Raspberries make a great garnish, or a thick lemon twist.
- 750 ml rum
- 25 ounces hibiscus infusion (mason jar with handful of hibiscus)
- 12 ounces maple syrup
- 12 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
Stir together and chill in freezer, pour over crushed or king-sized ice.