This is awesome on a hot summer evening.
- 2 1/2 ounces Gin
- 3/4 ounce Lemon Juice
- 1/2 ounce Ginger Syrup
- Make ginger syrup: dissolve over heat 2 parts sugar into 1 part water with an inch of chopped ginger root. In a pinch, grate about a 3/4 inch chunk of ginger and squeeze the juice into the drink with about a tablespoon of sugar.
- Combine ingredients in a martini glass and stir.
- Add 4-6 ice cubes and stir until cold.
- Garnish with candied ginger and/or lemon peel.
- Squeeze lemon peel over glass before serving – this releases essential oils.